Are you planning a visit to Las Vegas? If so, get ready for an adventure that combines the beauty of an iconic city skyline with the adrenalin of a high-speed roller coaster.
Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves, because today we’re going to talk about The Big Apple Coaster! I’ll give you all the information you need to know before going on the ride.
A high-speed adventure in Las Vegas: The Big Apple Coaster
The Big Apple Coaster is not just a roller coaster ride, but a true immersion in the energy and dynamism of “the city that never sleeps,” right in the heart of Las Vegas!
Located at the New York-New York Hotel, The Big Apple Coaster is a must-see attraction for thrill seekers.
With over 1 mile of track, tight turns, dizzying loops and a 45-degree drop that propels you at 100 km/h, it’s one of the most exciting roller coasters I’ve ever seen.
What really sets The Big Apple Coaster apart is its incredible scenery. You’ll be taken through a New York setting, with models of some of the city’s most iconic buildings, including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building.
From your carriage, you have a view of the city of Las Vegas. Admittedly, the speed prevents you from admiring it, but the height heightens the adrenalin. At night, the neon lights provide an even more impressive attraction.
How much does The Big Apple Coaster cost?
The price of a ticket for The Big Apple Coaster is:
- $19 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- $23 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. or 0:00 a.m.
How long does The Big Apple Coaster last?
The Big Apple Coaster is a thrill ride. It only lasts a few minutes (2/3 minutes).
Where is The Big Apple Coaster located?
The exact address of New York New York Hotel is 3790 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109, United States.
The Big Apple Coaster is on the second floor of the hotel.
What are The Big Apple Coaster’s opening times?
The Big Apple Coaster’s opening hours are:
- Monday to Thursday: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday to Sunday: 11a.m. to 12a.m.
My (short) review of The Big Apple Coaster
For this activity in Las Vegas, my opinion will be reduced: I simply didn’t do it. Why not? I was afraid to do it! I love climbing to the top of the towers, riding helicopters… But an attraction like this scares me.
Nevertheless, having talked to several friends who have ridden it, they really enjoyed it. This roller coaster is not the best in the world. Many theme parks have more impressive roller coasters with more loops, more descents or a longer ride. But The Big Apple Coaster’s setting is unique.
Indeed, they all loved the idea of doing this activity right in the heart of Las Vegas Boulevard. Night is by far the best time for this attraction. You can’t see the miniature buildings around the circuit as well, but the city lights make the moment magical.
Nicolas, one of my friends, added one last piece of advice: “Avoid standing behind drunk people.” He saw vomit land on a person standing in front of him…
What else can you do near The Big Apple Coaster?
Near The Big Apple Coaster, you could do:
- A Cirque du Soleil show: The New York-New York hotel hosts a Cirque du Soleil show, as does the nearby MGM Grand hotel.
- Play at the New York-New York casino: After your roller coaster ride, why not try your luck at the hotel-casino?
- Discover Hershey’s Chocolate World: this store at the entrance to the hotel-casino offers a wide variety of Hershey’s treats.
- Stroll the Las Vegas Strip: Enjoy the dazzling lights, the Bellagio fountains and the many street shows for which the Strip is famous.
- Visit the Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens: Just a few minutes’ walk away, the Bellagio is home to an impressive botanical garden with changing exhibits throughout the year.
- Enjoy a gondola cruise at The Venetian
- Visit the Mandalay Bay Aquarium: Discover a variety of marine creatures, including sharks, rays and sea turtles in this impressive aquarium.
- Dinner at the “Eiffel Tower Restaurant”: For a romantic evening, go to the Paris Las Vegas hotel, where you can dine in a replica of the Eiffel Tower.
The list is far from exhaustive!